JUST SHOW UP - I am going to show up and do my job and let God do the rest

all images and stories are copyright protected and property of Julie Landreth

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chalkboard/Magnet board

This was one of my favorite things I did in my old house, I may need to find a place for it in my new house.  Using craft paper I created a template for my wall with a cut out for the light switch.  I took it to a sheet metal manufacturer and they cut me a large sheet per my wall space. Then I hung it to the wall with liquid nails. That is what the sheet metal guy suggested. But my husband had to screw it in at a few places due to some warping during transportation.  Then we painted it with 2 or 3 coats of chalk board paint. It is BOTH a magnet board for notes my sons artwork as well as a chalk board.  I chose this wall space because a.) it was the only open space and b.)  I got tired of taping my sons art to the wall here and the paint chipping off.  It was so fun to have and use and I was sad to leave it behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment