JUST SHOW UP - I am going to show up and do my job and let God do the rest

all images and stories are copyright protected and property of Julie Landreth

Saturday, November 19, 2011

A day in Napa Valley, Third Stop: Chappellet

The third vineyard we went to was called Chappellet. It was recommended to me by a friend in Houston. She raved about them, it was her favorite. And I have to admit the wines were all incredible. (Maybe all wines in Napa Valley are amazing??)

One thing about Chappellet was their logo. They have a good look and what I found out is the triangle shape of the logo is actually the shape of the building we were sitting in. When you look at the building from an aerial perspective the building is a pyramid. And the splits in the logo are the actual windows that in the architecture let in the light. The architecture is brilliant and the natural light is beautiful in the building.  I love that they used it for the logo.

I admit, I couldn't stop taking pictures of the barrels, but there were so many of them.

The peak of the pyramid was so high and there was a stair case that ascended to the top, I got permission to go half way up and what a view I had! Breath taking, rows and rows of barrels.

I think why the barrels fascinated me was because the previous two vineyards were not producing anywhere near this capacity of wine. It's quite miraculous.

Wine in the tasting room and another perfect use of the logo.

They had some classic bottles in the tasting area.

At this tasting, there were 8 of us strangers, joined together to taste the wine. It was kind of fun to meet the people around the table from us. And of course everyone started to compare notes of where they visited and where they would recommend, etc. It was really a fun group of people.


From this view you can see one of the far points of the pyramid. And you can see the big vats in the distance.

Look at all that aging wine. The other point of the pyramid to the left was the front lobby. Truly a impressive use of space.

This was where rows converged.

There are some metal barrels in the distance.

peeking over the tops of the barrels from the catwalk. I love the wood ceiling.

After this tasting I was feeling pretty good. We emerged from the dark tasting room to discover the glorious setting sun.

Wine tastes wonderful, grapes are cute, and even the vineyards are gorgeous. Everything about this experience is wonderful.

Look at the colors in these leaves.

We descend down into the valley towards our next tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment